Whitney Barr joined Caffarelli and Associates in August 2023. Whitney concentrates her practice in employment litigation and has a passion for employee rights. Prior to joining the firm, Whitney represented eight young women in a high-profile sexual harassment lawsuit against their employer. It was her work on this case that motivated Whitney to focus her practice on advocating for employee rights and defending employees from adverse employment actions.
Outside of her law firm work, Whitney is very involved in the Chicago Legal Community. She is a co-chair of the Chicago Bar Association’s Moot Court Committee, a steering committee member of the Chicago Bar Association’s online legal publication, @TheBar, and on the Young Professionals Board of the Public Interest Law Initiative. Whitney has published legal articles in the CBA Record, Illinois Bar Journal, and ITLA Trial Journal. Whitney also maintains a commitment to pro bono service and regularly volunteers with the Wills for Heroes Program, where she drafts wills for first responders.
Whitney received a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Missouri and earned her Juris Doctorate from Saint Louis University School of Law in 2021. During her time at SLU Law, Whitney represented her school at the National Moot Court Competition. Whitney and her moot court partner won Best Brief at the Charleston School of Law Moot Court Competition. She also served as a teaching fellow for Legal Studies.
- J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law
- B.A., University of Missouri
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Membership & Associations
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- “Deposing the Reluctant Witness.” CBA Record. April/May 2023.
- “When Frozen Eggs Are Lost of Negligently Destroyed.” Illinois Bar Journal. April 2023.
- “Challenging Claims of Privilege Under PSQIA.” ITLA Trial Journal. Winter 2023 Issue.
- “Seventh Circuit Approaches to Allowing a Substitute Expert: Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 16(b) and 37(c).” Chicago Bar Association @TheBar. April 12, 2022.
- “Congress Passes Bill Nullifying Forced Arbitration in Sex Abuse Cases.” Chicago Bar Association @TheBar. March 16, 2022.
- “Separately Compensable Damages for Emotional Distress in Illinois Tort Cases.” Chicago Bar Association @TheBar. February 23, 2022.